Bahamas Mission Trip
Depart: Sunday, July 26
Return: Saturday, August 1
Organization: Bahamas Methodist Habitat is a non-profit outreach ministry of the Bahamas Conference of the Methodist Church dedicated to disaster relief and home repair in The Bahamas. Website:
BMH Mission: Bahamas Methodist Habitat is called to share and receive Christ's love by connecting the resources and needs of the global community.
- Volunteers must come with a servant's heart and mind that is flexible to change.
- Prepare yourself for conditions that do not include all the comforts of home.
- Respectfully interact with people who are different from you within your group and the community.
This fee includes transportation to and from Bahamas, housing, all meals (except Friday lunch), construction materials, programming, on island transportation, and a BMH t-shirt.
The following meetings will be held in the Isaiah Classroom. It is likely that we will not need to meet as often as it is scheduled, but let's make the decision to remove some dates as the weeks and months unfold. In these meetings we will go over fundraising options, travel information, room & board details, in-country ministry opportunities, spiritual preparation, cultural differences, physical work project details, things to bring, climate, currency, cross-cultural communication, traveling abroad, security and safety measures and team building exercises. As you can see, it's not a vacation. Thank you for putting the following dates on your personal calendar ASAP:
- Sunday, February 2nd (11:45am to 1:30pm)
- Friday, February 14th (6pm to 10pm) ** Scheduled fundraiser **
- Sunday, February 16th (11:45am to 1:30pm)
- Sunday, March 8th (11:45am to 1:30pm)
- Sunday, March 22nd (11:45am to 1:30pm)
- Sunday, April 19th (11:45am to 1:30pm)
- Sunday, April 26th (11:45am to 1:30pm)
- Sunday, May 10th (11:45am to 1:30pm)
- Sunday, May 24th (11:45am to 1:30pm)
- Sunday, June 7th (11:45am to 1:30pm)
- Sunday, June 21st (11:45am to 1:30pm)
- Sunday, July 5th (11:45am to 1:30pm)
- Sunday, July 12th (3:30pm to 5:00pm) ** Note the time **
- Sunday, July 19th (11:45am to 1:30pm)
- Sunday, July 26th (we depart for Bahamas!)
Payment due dates:
- $100 airfare deposit due by January 19th
- $400 due by March 1st
- $200 due by April 1st
- $200 due by May 1st
- $200 due by June 1st
- $400 due by July 15th
Insurance: Due to the nature and location of our ministry, and in case of unforeseen emergency, we REQUIRE EACH VOLUNTEER to purchase traveler's health insurance. Insurance may be purchased through UMVIM at umvimnej.org or an alternative provider. This policy ensures continuity when emergency circumstances arise. Due to the policy at many medical facilities in the Bahamas, it is recommended that a credit card with at least $7000.00 limit be available in case of emergency.
- Construction: Volunteers serve on home repair projects in settlements throughout the island. Projects are supervised by locally hired site leaders who can teach volunteers some of the basics of work onsite. Projects may include roofing, tiling, painting, installing doors and windows, plumbing, electrical, interior/exterior repairs, and hanging drywall.
- Relational ministry: Vacation bible school (VBS) with local children may be available June through August.
- Sunday, July 27th: Travel day
- Monday, July 28th: Work day
- Tuesday, July 29th: Work day
- Wednesday, July 30th: Work day
- Thursday, July 31st: Work day
- Friday, August 1st: Sightseeing
- Saturday, August 2nd: Travel day
- 7:00am Breakfast
- 7:30am Morning Chores
- 8:00am Leave for worksite
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 3:30pm Wrap up project work for the day
- 4:00pm Leave for the beach
- 5:15pm Return to camp
- 6:30pm Dinner
- 7:00 Evening Chores
- 7:30pm Evening activity/free time
- 9:00pm Devotions
- 10:30pm Lights out
Mission Project Application
US Passport Information